Mini Course: Yoga as Therapy - Anxiety
Take control of your WHOLE well-being
Experience breath and movement practices that help relieve and control anxiety - and boost your overall WHOLE health.
For beginners and experienced professionals. There is something for everyone!
Course contents include:
- Lecture: Introduction to anxiety, its effects at the level of feelings, thoughts, behaviors, physiology, and structure. How anxiety affects long term health outcomes. The ancients' model of the multidimensional you and cakra system as used to diagnose and address anxiety in yoga therapy.
- Lecture: The antidote to working with the many dimensions of anxiety is found in the breath. Breathing experiments are introduced and the method explained.
- Practice: A long introductory-style practice emphasizing repetition of breath centric movement that addresses structural pain and builds the parts of breath that are often lacking in someone with anxiety breathing patterns.
- Lecture: Yoga is about the mind. Ayurveda is about the body. And there is a lot you can do in your lifestyle which will have an incredibly effective impact. Links to products suggested will be provided.
- Stick figure class sheets
- PDFs of all materials
- Lecture: Teaching tips for professionals.
- Lecture: The anatomy of anxiety. A more in-depth look at models representing our autonomic nervous systems including the polyvagal model which explains at a modern level how anxiety affects us at the many levels (thoughts, feelings, behaviors, physiology/structure).
- PDFs of all material plus three important infographics to help you understand, remember and explain the 2 models of the ANS, sympathetic/parasympathetic and polyvagal. These are important concepts for you to know when you speak with professionals!
- Get THREE other classes that are focused on reducing stress and anxiety!
After years of suffering from cyclical depression, PTSD, autoimmune disorders and searching out self-directed somatic healing, I discovered that yoga was more than just yoga. Yoga therapy is a holistic healthcare science that provides healing in many areas of life and helps to find meaning in the areas that can't be healed - but can be managed.
I am a CIAYT Viniyoga Therapist and have now amassed over 20K hours of education and experience addressing structural, mental/emotional, physiological and neurological conditions.
I am a featured presenter for Fortune 500 corporations, top 10 Universities and Behavioral Health Organizations and I partner with people just like you to craft empowering solutions to your struggles with wholeness and wellness using tools you were born with - your breath, your body and your heart/mind.
With me, you're getting 20K hours of experience, 30 years of practice and over 10 years of training professionals on the art/science of yoga.